27. Jääkärit Pataljoona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes

+4
J. M. Vice
Barnett
I Like Petrol
PiePower
8 posters

Go down

Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes Empty Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes

Post  PiePower Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Feel free to suggest anything, an entire game mode or just something small, and I will pass it on to the development team.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

https://27jp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes Empty Re: Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes

Post  I Like Petrol Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Well Tanks have always been something I've heard people talk about

Whilst drivable vehicles seem to disagree with the source engine, and a Bot tank would cause untold havok...
I think that a Payload (TF2) Style game mode could work, with one team moving behind a tank (Most likely a Renault FF7, for balance purposes) through layers of enemy trenches to an enemy HQ where the attacking team (Probably allies) can pound the enemy HQ into dust.

With Damage, the central powers team could disable the tank, and with tremendous amounts of damage on a disabled tank, destroy it (Resulting in a Central powers victory). However, the allies could repair the damaged tank and get it moving again.

Probably a rubbish Idea, but I think its worth mentioning

Also, Adding a new class? Like an assault class.
This would also be a good oppurtunity to increase the difference in play styles between factions, for instance: The Allies could have a Shotgun, which would be effective at close-medium range, but you would need to pump it like you bolt a rifle, whereas the German team could have an MP18 (Think its called that, early submachine gun) which would be very effective at short range, fully automatic, but would be obscenely innacurate at greater ranges unless controlled with great skill.

I know, both those Ideas would be difficult to implement and the latter might prove game breakin in Germanys favour, but who doesn't like shotguns?
I Like Petrol
I Like Petrol

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes Empty Re: Suggestions for the Next WW1: Source Update's Realism Modes

Post  Barnett Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm

I like the idea of having the HUD removed. It would make a realism more realistic. I also think multi-objective maps would be good, so instead of just going from trench to no-mans-land to trench, there would me more space for tactics.
Barnett
Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post  J. M. Vice Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 am

That idea has been done before. and i works out very well i might add. The game in which i've seen it done Is Castle Wolfenstien for the PC. What basically happened was the Germans could disable the tank while the allies had to repair it. But in exchange the Tank Blew apart Road Block and Sealed doors. However the tank only reached a final area that only infantry could finish off. It was a really fun map.
J. M. Vice
J. M. Vice

Back to top Go down

Post  hoggard Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:42 am

better admin menu
its annoying going into consol

like in DoD:S when u type !admin a box comes up on you in game screen.

oh and controlable cannons?

hoggard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:46 pm

the Whistle for officer Smile and mayby more granades i mean a brittish guy had 3-4 mills bomms per/ass and hmmmm... and better ragdoll and more bodys in ground i hate when they disapear
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  {27. JP} HyperSniper Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Why not a no-artillery or all-riflemen mode?
{27. JP} HyperSniper
{27. JP} HyperSniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaksi123 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Low accuracy, Mad
And sniper with slow reload speed. 1 bullet per animation.
And Officers Whistle of course.

Muddier maps (with mud sounds) + (Trench maps)

And.....

Merry Christmash all! santa

Jaksi123

Back to top Go down

Post  J. M. Vice Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:40 pm

How about a Grenadier Class! That would be nice!
J. M. Vice
J. M. Vice

Back to top Go down

Post  I Like Petrol Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Christmas edition, extreme trench football?

I Like Petrol
I Like Petrol

Back to top Go down

Post  I Like Petrol Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:06 pm

IDEA

New class for German: Sturmtruppen
Basically a close quarters class designed to get up close, slightly more resistant to gunfire than every other class (Didn't the Germans deploy some form of metal body armour in the war?), equipped with a shotgun or early Submachine gun. Trench shovel as melee weapon.

New Class for British: Highland Regiment.
Protected by their natural hardiness and the fact that they have balls of solid granite, the Scots advance across the battlefield, laying down a withering hail of lead with their enfields, before closing to melee range to hack the enemy into pieces with the unyielding power of the Claymore sword. The enemies of the Empire quake with fear as they see the glorious Scottish demigods charge, a large, orange hedge of furious, nigh invulnrable killing machines speed towards the trench. The enemies are scared shitless as their rifles are proven useless against scottish awesomeness, their bayonets pierce not the scottish flesh, and their armour stops not the scottish blade.

...Unfortunately, Scottish people are vulnrable to mustard Gas strikes

Word of the wise: Wearing a kilt and jumping into trenches full of mustard gas fucking HURTS
I Like Petrol
I Like Petrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:21 pm

no more officer arty but moveable and fireable artillery batteries
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:29 pm

I think they've almost already finished the version so these suggestions might be a little late Sad I'll ask for you though Smith.
Loved the video btw Very Happy.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

https://27jp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  I Like Petrol Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Mmm, the presence of Scotsmen, especially highland infantry, might prove to be something of a gamebreaker though, I will admit.

Picture Audie Murphy. Now multiply that guy by eleven, clone him several times, give all the clones facial hair with alternating shades of ginger/black and give them God mode and a scottish accent.

Thats the level of gamebreaking we're talking about
I Like Petrol
I Like Petrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down