27. Jääkärit Pataljoona
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Mid-East War

5 posters

Go down

3rd Mid-East War Empty 3rd Mid-East War

Post  PiePower Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 pm

So...we're at war...again...the funny thing in this 1 is that I can say without a doubt that we're helping the good guys. Gadaffi controls Tripoli, the capital, but the Libyan people have now taken Bengazi, the 2nd biggest city. So we have a full on civil war, hard to say who's winning really, but Gadaffi's opened the door to all the weapons, Rebels and Loyalists are helping themselves to some guns. I'm sure all want the rebels to win and hope Gadaffi is killed for the war he is waging against his own people Smile, but that's not where the controvesy comes in, for you see, US, French and British cruisers have now launched over 100 missiles to take out anti-aircraft in Tripoli, and the RAF, FAF and USAF prepare for strikes, I wish the pilots the best of luck and hope that none of them are injured, captured or killed. But will this accually help the Rebels, or the nutcases? If you had a missile flying into your country who are you going to think is the bad guy? Especially if one goes off target and kills civilians. Obviously though we can't afford to have Gadaffi win, he's most certainly responsible for the atrocity of the Lockerbie bombing in Scotland, and has been known to support Al-Queda, but again, how many people must die at the end of an M16 or from a targeting system 100 miles away, before us westerners realize we might not accually be helping? I'm not sure what I think, my opinion is we must aid the Rebels in some way, definately not send in Soldiers, but I don't know about missiles and airstrikes, I think it might be a nice idea to have the SAS take out Gadaffi.

I visited Libya a few years ago, it's a very nice country, the people tend to be very friendly and welcoming (not so much the older generations, they boo'd us Very Happy), never forget these are peacefull people who's lives may revolve arround little more then hearding camel accross the desert, if they want to rebel for their freedom I wish them well, and I hope they manage to win, but I also hope the nation doesn't get ravaged by war and destruction, which could be pro-longed by our efforts to support the rebels. You must also however bear in mind that Gadaffi is doing some pretty horrible stuff involving gas and machine gunning to his own people, so it seems doubtfull many will be stupid enough to see the Allies as the aggressors.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

https://27jp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3rd Mid-East War Empty Re: 3rd Mid-East War

Post  Micheal Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:25 pm

i will read this morrow =) u just came silinjärvi =) was nice sit in car 6h -_- and i lost my mobile to hotel Suspect Suspect What a Face What a Face and that take head
Micheal
Micheal

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

war in libya will now last longer because Us and other "allies" french and brits are attacking them and Gaddafi is arming millions of citisens... this aint good
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Micheal Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

hmm.. SAS no match finnish sissi =)
Micheal
Micheal

Back to top Go down

Post  Micheal Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 pm

sissi kill even if he dont see enemy face to face =) they kill mainds =) be fraid randall
Micheal
Micheal

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Michael, you know how much a fan I am of the FDF ^^ but the SAS are universally recognised as the best special forces unit there is, going through some of the hardest testing there is, spending hundreds of thousands on training as each one fires off over a thousand rounds a day.

And Hakala, the Allies arn't attacking Libya, they're attacking the enemy of the Libyan people, Gadaffi's regieme.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 pm

not talking about "allies" fighting against all of libya but the war is going to last longer now even if they are only against Gaddafi i think because he is arming every citisen there
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 pm

But there's the thing, half the civillians are Rebels, meaning they now have weapons Smile
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 pm

i dont really care who wins i just want tht war to get done so it wont escalate to eny bigger shit
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:11 pm

If gadaffi wins, believe me it will escalate to "bigger shit", he's a terrorist supporter...and a mass murderer of his own people, so I think it is important the Libyan people win.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goggles Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Gadaffi is not gonna win now that the international community is becoming involved. Even if he did beat the rebels we would not allow him to stay in power, not because of right and wrong, but because we would now loose too much face if he was to remain in power after the atrocities he committed over the past few months.

goggles

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Fair point Goggles, but the question remains of the morality of sending in ground troops and bombing the area :/
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goggles Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:11 pm

yeah, but I guess you could say that we are only bombing gadaffi's targets and not just regular civilian targets, but in the case of war, morals kinda fly out the window to achieve what's right, and there in lies the problem.

However I think this is gonna end up like bosnia where we just bomb gadaffi into submission.

goggles

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Gadaffi seems pretty un-willing to submit lol
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J. M. Vice Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

He's a fucking nutt job what do you expect?
J. M. Vice
J. M. Vice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hakala_the_finn Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Finland is neutral and so it has to be i hate Gaddafi but i dont us to go in the middle of tht
Hakala_the_finn
Hakala_the_finn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PiePower Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 pm

I still say let the SAS deal with him, once he's out the picture his son who would probably take over might be a bit more willing to surrender.
PiePower
PiePower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goggles Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:48 pm

nah his son is pretty fanatical and delusional, get rid of the family and maybe libya will see peace

goggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum